We seek Invigilators to join our team for the summer 2019 exam season.
The details for this post are as follows:
Information About The Post
We are looking for people to join our team of Invigilators, supervising students in College and public examinations. Duties include:
- Preparing the examination room in accordance with the seat plan
- Getting candidates into the room in an appropriate manner
- Ensuring the correct identification of all candidates and informing them of the exam conditions
- Opening and distributing papers, ensuring candidates have the correct paper
- Recording start and finish time of exams
- Collating the scripts and returning to Exams Office, making sure they are never left unattended
- Participate in all staff training sessions as required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Able to focus and maintain concentration for long periods
- Interpret information & Instructions
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure when required
- Good IT skills / confident in using computers
- Physically able to carry papers and potentially stand for long periods of time
The exam series runs from 13 May to 26 June 2019. You will need to be available for the busiest sessions which are 11 - 13 & 17 - 20 June as well as other dates in the period. You will be required to attend a compulsory training session on 3 April 2019 and further sessions as required.
You will work under the direction of an experienced Senior Invigilator and no experience is required, although you should feel confident working with teenagers. The pay rate is £8.22 per hour plus holiday pay, a total of £9.29 per hour.
We would like to hear from you as soon as possible and we will start seeing people as soon as we receive applications. Please contact Lisa White, Exams Officer, by email in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01962 857549 if you do not have email access.
We are dedicated to safeguarding the students in our care. To that end, a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure will be required in the event of an individual being offered a position within our College. Our staff undertake regular safeguarding training and are subject to ongoing safeguarding scrutiny.